Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Lavinia

Finished Le Guin's last novel Lavinia last night. It was a weird and wonderful read, beautifully written as always and filled with gentle insights. It makes Lest Darkness Fall feel like reading a cereal box. I've still got a final Hainish and Earthsea novels to read, and several others. I started reading and re-reading all her work a few weeks before she died, and I'm sticking with that endlessly rewarding tribute as this summer wears on. I would be hard pressed to pick my favorite of her works, but Left Hand of Darkness and Five Ways to Forgiveness are definitely in the running. I've got the Orsinian novel and tales to wallow around in still, but may go first with Always Coming Home. What a treasure she was, how I treasure her still!

No comments: